MELISSA’S TOP 5 TIP’S
1. Think of yourself as you want to be – imagine you are that fit person that you want to be already- and start adopting those habits. The mind is a powerful tool, visualize yourself completing the workout, staying on your diet and being successful – it works.
2. Educate yourself! Keep fitness mags handy! They are full of training tips, nutrition advice and great pictures! People are visual – find a pic of someone with a similar body type that you would like to look like – use that as inspiration and motivation.
3. Surround yourself with positive people! Get your loved ones on board! Spouses who support each other in their fitness goals and living a healthy lifestyle are 85 – 100% more successful than doing it alone. If you can’t get your family on board to support you – find friends! Sometimes a good cheerleader and a “you can do it” is all you need to keep going.
4. Be accountable! If not to yourself than hire a trainer! Making sure you get your workouts in is up to you – if you lack the willpower to stick with it, a trainer will make you accountable. If you don’t have the knowledge or are unsure that what you are doing is right a trainer can help. A good trainer is knowledgeable about workouts and fitness, but should also be savvy with nutrition and supplementation to help you reach your goals the safest and healthiest way for your body type.
5. Write down your workouts, goals, and what you eat. I know it may sound old school but a paper and a pen work better than an app any day. When you write things down you are reinforcing your knowledge on that subject, meaning the more you intimately know how many calories and fat is in the foods you eat – the healthier choices you will make. Because most people when given the same information will come to the same reasonable conclusion.